Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ariyah turned 2 in June!






I can't believe my littel girl turned two this summer. She is the blonde :) The other girls are my nieces.

Ariyah is a beautiful littel girl with a lot of love to give. This post is going to be all about her, so if your not interested here is your chance to leave. Ariyah was born in June of 2007. She was perfect in everyway. I am serious, the delivery was picture perfect with no medication, (not even epidural) Ariyah was 6' 15", and 21 1/2 inches long. Ariyah even slept through the night that first week.




Then on July 6th we got a call from her doctor to redo her blood tests they did at the hospital. Not a problem right? Well, when we got there the nurse gave me a piece of paper for the lab tech. As I was walking to the lab, I read the paper. This is what it said




"30% mortality rate for SIDS, physical defects and Mental defects."




That is all I remember. My daughter was diagnosed with MCADD. This is a genetic disorder that basically she is unable to process her stored fats. The paper that I read on the way to the lab forgot to mention was "if not treated"




Ariyah is as healthy as any other two year old. She eats great and has enough energy for the whole family. She takes a medication twice a day called Carnitine, and is hospitalized for the flu, with glucose IV's.




Everyday i am reminded how blessed I am to have such a wonderful family. God is amazing and His plans are wonderful. My little girl has turned two years old, and acts like she is at least 11.








No comments:

Post a Comment